Gluten Free "Oreo" Cookies. These are fairly simple to make, are super tasty, and will bring back all kinds of childhood memories.
The dark cocoa in these cookies really gives them an Oreo flavor, and if you are a big fan of the real thing, then you will be sure to love these homemade, gluten free treats. They aren't quite as crunchy as the real thing, but they are still amazing!
Gluten Free "Oreo" Cookies
- 1 Flax-egg (directions on side of blog)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/3 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare flax-egg (see directions on side of blog.)
- In a medium size bowl, combine sugar, white rice flour, cornstarch, dark cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- In the bowl of your mixer, place butter and flax-egg. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat again, until it's all combined.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper and roll dough out between them (get it thin, but keep in mind that the thinner it is the crunchier they will be.) Place dough in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut into 2" round cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. and bake for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool and then frost with frosting of choice.
Adapted from this recipe.