Saturday, April 4, 2015

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

I didn't know what a real frosting was until I made this recipe. 

I'm not sure where I originally found it, but I am so glad I did.

Before, I used to just add a dab of butter, a ton of powdered sugar, too much milk, and imitation vanilla extract and mix it all together with a spoon and wonder why my frosting didn't hold up. I didn't fully realize all that I was missing out on until I made my first buttercream. 

This frosting is so rich, smooth and delicious. It takes a few minutes longer than just tossing some ingredients together, but the effort is definitely worth it. 

But don't just take my word for it. Try this buttercream frosting the next time that you are making cake or cupcakes or filling for whoopie pies or just about anything that requires frosting, and you are going to fall in love with it yourself. It holds up well when frosting layer cakes and it adds a rich, buttery flavor to any dessert.






Buttercream Frosting
  • 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
  • 3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  1. Cream butter in a large bowl for about a minute or so. 
  2. Add three cups of powdered sugar and beat again until combined. 
  3. Add two or three Tablespoons of milk, vanilla extract and salt and beat again, for about three minutes. Add more milk if necessary.
  4. Sample. Frost. Sample. Repeat.

This is seriously the best. You don't know what frosting is until you have made your own buttercream.
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment