If a bread that is super moist and lightly flavored with vanilla and cinnamon sounds good to you, then you are going to love this gluten free applesauce bread!
This bread is the perfect item to make as a side to a breakfast smoothie or for an afternoon snack. No matter how you eat your bread, though, you are going to love it!
Gluten Free Applesauce Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup White and/or Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Heat the water and add the flaxmeal to it. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add applesauce, vanilla and flax-egg and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir just until combined.
- Pour into a 8.5 by 4.5 inch loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Adapted from this recipe.